Identify new donor opportunities and forecast potential losses
Webinar | $75
Information on the new tax law has flooded the internet, including a lot of doom and gloom forecasting of plunges in giving. Are you still left wondering what that means for your nonprofit and how your unique constituency might behave?
This webinar introduces some fresh thinking on the new tax law from a prospect research point a view. We summarize the key points of the tax law as they apply to philanthropy, both positive and negative. Then we walk you through step-by-step on how you can make reasonable assumptions and forecast the possible negative and positive impacts on your organization’s donors.
With all of the information out there, by now you likely understand the key provisions in the new tax law. You just need a creative and methodical approach to apply that information to your unique constituency so that you can make data-based decisions right now about exactly what donor messaging tactics to implement before the end of the year.
Fear not! This is not a webinar about complex statistical modeling techniques or complicated mathematical formulas. This webinar is about making reasonable assumptions and applying them in simple calculations to identify the likely risk and opportunity segments in your donor base. Any fundraising professional can master this approach.
You Will Learn
As a result of this webinar you will…
- Understand the key tax provisions that affect your constituency’s wealth and philanthropy.
- Determine reasonable assumptions to use in risk and opportunity formulas and apply these to your donor base to identify your organization’s risk and opportunity segments.
- Quickly assess some of the risks and opportunities your major gift prospects may be facing on a case-by-case basis.
- Recognize and understand some tactics donors can use to maintain or increase their giving.
Your presenter is a prospect research professional with experience turning data into action. Please note that she will NOT be covering fundraising messaging, techniques for discussing the tax implications with donors, or the exact mechanics of the tax law. This webinar is for professionals looking to evaluate the risks and opportunities in their constituencies and for a clear summary of information relevant to fundraising practices.
You Will Also Receive
- A prospect research tax implications “cheat sheet” to quickly evaluate the impact of the new tax law as you review your major gift prospects’ information.
- An info-graphic-style reference depicting the risk and opportunity segments and the associated formulas.
- A list of the best tax-related resources for nonprofit and higher education professionals.
About the Presenter
A resourceful fundraiser with an innovative focus on prospect research, Jen Filla is a researcher, consultant, author, speaker and trainer. Her mission is to perform research with distinction and to provide other fundraising professionals with the power to perform their work with excellence, lead with research, and make a difference!
Deeply committed to advancing philanthropy and the fundraising profession, Filla is co-author of Prospect Research for Fundraisers: The Essential Handbook, part of the Wiley/AFP Fund Development Series. She has also served as a volunteer and trustee for numerous organizations over the years including The Center Foundation and Habitat for Humanity of Delaware County. Currently she serves on the board of the Nonprofit Consultants Connection in Tampa, Florida.
Filla is a member of the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (Apra), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). She received a B.S. from Neumann University.
$75 US Dollars
Questions? Email the presenter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727 202 3405